A period is nothing but a menstruation cycle that occurs in women. It is also called as menses or chums. It is a woman’s sexual health during their years of reproduction. Here the body tends to release the unwanted tissues which are no longer required. As the month goes by the lining of the uterus gets thicker and thicker and gets the female prepare for a well-formed or fertilised egg when she conceives or becomes pregnant. So the cycle takes place every month. It lasts for maximum 7-8 days.
So this cycle might differ from person to person. Always have a check on your periods. Some might have regular periods whereas some might have irregular periods.
Now regular periods are when the flow occurs for every 21-35 days and lasts for every 6-7 days. There is a good or normal amount of bleeding.
If the cycle lasts 28 days and your period arrives on time you’ll likely ovulate on the 14th day.
Irregular periods are quite common these days. It is an irregular flow of blood. It can happen due to heredity, smoking, too much alcohol, spicy or junk food, physical or psychological stress, menopause etc. The flow doesn’t last for 6-7days.it can either last for 2-3days or almost for a month. Sometimes the flow doesn’t occur and they tend to miss their periods.
Women go through many things during this period like bloating of the face and stomach, swelling of the breasts, tension, dizziness, breaking of pimples and acne etc. They have a lot of cravings and sometimes tend to overeat. Some might even have constipation, diarrhoea. They undergo severe stomach cramps, backache and swelling. They tend to have a lot of mood swings as well.
There are quite a few options used by women during their menstrual cycle. The common ones are sanitary napkins or pads, menstrual cups, tampons etc. One should use the right and hygienic option and feel comfortable as well.
Here are some home remedies to control Irregular periods;
- Practise Yoga: Yoga has also been shown to reduce menstrual pain and emotional symptoms associated with menstruation, such as depression and anxiety, and improve quality of life in women with primary dysmenorrhea (painful periods).
- Maintain Your Weight: Women who are overweight are also more likely to have irregular periods, and experience heavier bleeding and pain than women who are at a healthy weight. This is due to the impact that fat cells have on hormones.
- Drink apple cider vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar may restore ovulatory menstruation in women with PCOS (condition that affects woman’s hormone levels). It may also help you lose weight, and lower blood sugar and insulin levels
- Eat pineapple: Pineapple is a popular home remedy for menstrual issues. It contains bromelain, an enzyme that is claimed to soften the lining of the uterus and regulate your periods
- Exercise regularly: Exercise has many health benefits that can help your periods. It can help you reach or maintain a healthy weight and is commonly recommended as part of a treatment plan for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). PCOS can cause menstrual irregularity.
Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle
Stay Happy, Be Healthy!