1. It lowers cholesterol levels.
2. It helps cure headaches, ringworm and chickenpox.
3. It is known to cure hangovers and prickly heat.
4. The fruit is also used to treat sore eyes.
5. It is given to nursing mothers as it stimulates the flow of milk.
6. For sunstroke, a piece of the sweet variety is recommended.
7. It cures nausea and indigestion.
8. Its high vitamin C content can help ward off winter colds and flu.
9. It has high fiber and low calorie content.
10. Star fruit is also full of antioxidants and flavonoids.