The good news is travelling became easy, the bad news is we became lazy, the good news is technology kept growing, the bad news is, we are dependent on it, the good news is we all can take time to eat or party, the bad news we don’t have time to focus on our health.
People complain that they cannot exercise or cannot keep themselves healthy and fit because they don’t have any types of equipment. The healthiest exercise needs no Equipment.
Just start walking.
Why should we walk when we have a car or bike? why should I set up a routine for walking, Why? …Because it has a huge impact on your health.
Why should one walk?
Walking is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health. Just 30 minutes every day can increase cardiovascular fitness strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance. Walking is the easiest way of exercise, there is no equipment needed and does not need a specific time.
Benefits of walking
- Increases Heart and Lung fitness
- Reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
- Manages high blood pressure, high cholesterol
- Reduces Body Fat
- Relaxes Mind
- Increased muscle strength and endurance
- Burns calories
- Can help lower your blood sugar
- Improves your mood
- Boosts immune function
For how many minutes should I walk per day?
Walk minimum 25-30 minutes a day and try to do Brisk/Quick walking for 30 minutes a day.
How to make it a habit?
If the distance between your current location and your destination is near, then choose to walk. Do not keep walking as an option, just like you make time for eating or having a bath, make a slot in your routine for walking as well.
How to make walking interesting and fun?
1) Take your dog for a walk
2) Walk with your friends, you will not know how time passed
3) Join a walking club, it will give you a positive feeling
4) Do not walk in the same route daily, choose other locations or streets to walk, when the environment changes the walking will be more fun and interesting
5) Start noticing. Notice people, nature, the sky and everything around you, be more observative.
Things to remember while walking
1) Walking at least 30 minutes or more is a great benefit to your health
2) If you cannot walk 30 minutes a day, it is okay, just remember something is better than nothing
3) Turn your walking exercise into a fun session by walking with your friends or family
4) Check with your doctor, because in some conditions you are not advised to walk, check with your doctor if walking is good for you.
Myths about walking
1) Walking won’t help you lose weight:- Walking helps you lose calories. The calories are burnt according to your walking speed and walking duration.
2) Walking isn’t as effective as jogging:- Walking can be better than jogging, especially for those who can’t tolerate impact. Walking may result in fewer injuries, which means you can do it every day.
3) Walking is bad for your Joints:- Walking does not make any loss to people with joint damage. The real culprit is improper position and unsupportive shoes.
Walk for better health, Walk for a Better life
Stay Healthy, Stay Happy
ClickOnCare- Health And Wellness For All