Your taste buds crave for some foods without any instinct from your brain or stomach!! This is when we call it an addiction for any food. There is no story heard anywhere that someone got addicted to apple or broccoli. But there are some foods that make it very difficult to stop eating once you have a taste of them. The reason for this addiction is the right combination of things that make your brain give signals that you want more. These are made with a perfect ratio between refined carbohydrates and added fat. This will cause an increase in the blood sugar level, triggered by your brain. This happens with processed foods that contain harmful chemicals in the form of preservatives and additives. Generally, these foods don’t have anything to do to improve your health, but the thing is, we cannot stop eating this. The main reason for the addiction to fast foods is the blood glucose imbalance that you experience after eating them. Also, there are feel-good chemicals that are produced in the body due to the action of the taste-makers and additives in the food. Let us go through some of the most addictive fast foods that we come across almost every day, which we need to avoid at any cost.
1. French Fries : No matter what the age is, almost everyone becomes a fan of this fried food item, once he/she tastes it. You cannot stop eating this even when your stomach is full due to the treat that you give to your taste buds
2. Pizza : A healthy dish if made with healthy ingredients, especially when prepared at home. But, in food courts, they are sold with added taste-makers and high-calorie ingredients like cheese.
3. Chocolate : Nobody will have an opposition to the statement that chocolates are addictive. No wonder your child craves for chocolate even at mid-night. Milk chocolates are packed with a high amount of sugar that is not good for your health.
4. Ice Cream : You don’t have any right to scold your child if he/she asks for ice cream more frequently, when you yourself are addicted to it. Ice cream is an all-time favorite of both children and adults. This is due to the high amount of added sugar that it contains.
5. Burgers : There are many famous food brands that specialize only in burgers. No wonder these fast-food chains are opening their outlet in each and every city across the country. This is all because people are addicted to burgers, no matter what the age is.
6. Popcorns : Made with a high amount of salt in it; this is why you cannot stop eating popcorns once you have your first one. No worries, just make this at home without butter.
7. Carbonated Drinks : There are many researches which show that carbonated drinks are unhealthy. The surprising fact is that people crave for carbonated drinks even when they know that these are not good for the health.
8. Sausage : You love to have sausages with added sauces and flavors. One one can eat just one.
9. Fried Chicken : Once you taste it, you will always crave for more. Usually, fried chickens are served along with other calorie-rich unhealthy foods that make the cravings even more stronger.
10. Potato Chips : Potato chips are the all-time favorite snacks. Once you start binging, there is no going back. The craving intensifies with added spicies.
The Key to Resistance is Your 1st Bite.