Do you moisturize your skin every day? Do you want to retain healthy skin in the years to come? If yes, then you should use moisturizers. Moisturizers avoid dryness of the skin and hydrate the skin. The moisturizers lock into the skin’s moisture and help to keep the skin delicate and soft.
- NORMAL SKIN
Moisturizers can help in preventing the skin from becoming too oily or dry, by using a light or non-greasy water based moisturizer. It often contains lightweight oils, such as silicone driven ingredients like cyclomethicone.
- DRY SKIN
For nursing dry skin, the apt moisturizers are heavier, oil-based moisturizers that consist of ingredients such as grape seed oil, antioxidants or dimethicone. Petrolatum based moisturization products help to deal with very dry and cracked skin as they are long-lasting and help in preventing water evaporation.
- OILY SKIN
For oily skin, non- comedogenic moisturizer, specifically, water-based moisturizers help in reducing the risk of comedo formation.
- AGING SKIN
Oil based moisturizers that contain the base ingredient petrolatum with alpha hydroxy acids or antioxidants help to keep aging skin soft and protect against wrinkles.
- SENSITIVE SKIN
Moisturizers which consists of soothing ingredients like aloe or chamomile that reduce potential allergens such as dyes or fragrances, as well as irritants such as acids can help individuals with sensitive skin.
BENEFITS OF USING MOISTURIZER WITH SPF
- The skin protection from the sun provided by using a moisturizer with SPF helps to retain the ability of production of collagen. With the sustained ability of the skin to create collegen, the skin not only appears moisturized but also becomes less prone to fine lines and wrinkles.
- It can minimize the instance of advancing carcinoma of the skin
- It can subside the intensity of laser or cosmetic procedures required to correct damage that has been caused to skin.
- The natural aging process leads to discoloration in certain areas of the skin. These discolored skin areas can be minimized through the use of moisturizing products that contain SPF.
Moisturizers work by forming a thin film on the surface of the skin to prevent the loss of moisture.
They entice water vapor from the air in order to moisturize the skin.
DEFICIENT MATERIALS RESTORATION
Complex moisturizers try to restore natural and normal moisturizing factors on the skin such as amino-lipids.
EMOLLIENTS: THE SPACE FILLERS
They fill in spaces or gaps between the skin cells that lack moisturizing lipids.
WHY YOU SHOULD MOISTURIZE EVERYDAY?
- It improves blood circulation.
- The skin gets proper nourishment and dehydration of the skin is prevented.
- It prevents the settling down of the dirt on the skin by reducing the pore size of the skin.
- It maintains proper hydration of the skin.
- It tries to protect the skin from various factors that adversely affect the skin.
- The elasticity of the skin is maintained, thus, avoiding sagging of the skin and making it tight and soft.
- It consists of free fatty acids that can augment and fortify the barriers of skin’s lipid moisture.
- It has certain anti-aging benefits.
- It acts as a good primer and gives the makeup a proper base to stick to.
FINDING THE PERFECT MOISTURIZER
There are a lot of moisturizers out there and it may be inundating, but just as significant it is to moisturize your skin daily it is also important that you select the appropriate moisturizer according to your skin type. You wouldn’t go a day without drinking water, right? In the same fashion, you shouldn’t go a day without hydrating your skin. It will not only help you today, the benefits of hydrating and moisturizing your skin will be visible years in the future.