List of food a woman must ‘never’ avoid–
1. Flax seeds are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids. They reduce the risk of breast cancer and heart diseases. The seeds’ anti-inflammatory properties are also good for preventing arthritis.
2. Parmesan cheese is a rich source of calcium and is a key for preventing osteoporosis (especially in your 20s).
3. Cranberries prevent and cure urinary tract infections such as cystitis.
4. Figs contain many vital minerals and vitamins. The two minerals found in figs that are particularly beneficial to women’s health are iron, which is often deficient in menstruating women, and calcium, which is important for post-menopausal women, who are more prone to osteoporosis.
5. Salmon and Sardines are good sources of omega-3 acids, which decrease inflammation that can lead to blocked arteries. They also prevent blood clots that can cause heart attacks and strokes, and keep blood vessels smooth and supple. These also prevent mood swings and are known to boost babies’ intelligence when eaten during pregnancy.
6. Apples Boost Immunity! Smart and sweet, apples are rich in quercetin, an antioxidant that can bolster your body’s disease-fighting abilities.
7. Beans are low in fat and are a good source of protein and fiber. Beans have protective effects against heart disease and breast cancer. Beans also help in stabilizing female hormones.
8. Oats are packed with health-boosting nutrients! They work great for heart health, digestion and blood pressure levels (with hypertension affecting many women over 50). Also, they contain vitamin B6, which can help prevent PMS and mood swings, and folic acid, which is important for women to consume before and during pregnancy to prevent birth defects in babies.
9. Broccoli Fights Wrinkles! A cup of broccoli has 100 percent of your vitamin C—crucial for production of collagen, which gives skin elasticity.
10. Milk is a great source of calcium. It is not only good for warding off osteoporosis, but could also ease symptoms of PMS.
11. Spinach is rich in many different vitamins and minerals and has a high content of magnesium which is beneficial in reducing PMS symptoms, including reduction of swelling, breast tenderness, bloating and weight gain.
12. Tomatoes contain lycopene, a pigment which is effective in preventing breast cancer. It is a powerful antioxidant that can help reduce risk of heart disease.
13. Walnuts are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and phytosterols that help to reduce women’s risk of developing breast cancer. Also, its omega-3 content is good for bone health, arthritis pain and depression. Walnuts also contain many nutrients essential for female health, such as calcium, magnesium and folic acid.