Break the walnut with your teeth. Don’t let the walnut break your them. You follow diet and workout to keep your body strong and healthy, what do you do to keep your teeth strong? What is the use when you have a good and healthy body and a bad Dental condition. Dental health is equally important.
Dental Hygiene is important to keep your teeth and gums healthy. It is not as difficult as it seems.
Here are some Dental Hygiene Tips you must include in your daily routine:
1) Brush twice daily:- At the minimum brush twice a day. Once in the morning which is a must. Once after dinner, because your mouth is going to be closed until morning, so brush your teeth after dinner so that all the microorganisms are washed out.
2) Floss Daily:- You can use a floss thread, water flosser or other interdental cleaning aid. Floss removes the food remains that are stuck between teeth that toothbrush can’t reach. Brushing cannot effectively clean such tricky places. Only flossing can do that.
3) Avoid habits that are harmful to your teeth:- Avoid tobacco and other substances that are harmful to your teeth. Limit snacking between meals and reduce the intake of sugars. Do not bite your nails and also do not open bottle caps with your teeth, it can be extremely dangerous.
4) Don’t delay dental treatments:- The truth we all know is people are scared of hospitals, doctors and also dentists. Another set of people skip treatments because of the cost, but what they don’t understand is the cost is going to be double if things get worse.
5) Use the right tools to clean your teeth and gums:- Use a toothbrush and other tools according to the nature of your teeth and gums. If you have sensitive gums or gum disease use a soft toothbrush.
6) Get a dental check-up, at least once every six months:- Get your dental problems fixed in the very beginning, the first stage, because things may get complicated later. For you to identify the dental problems, you have to regularly schedule your dental check-up, at least once in 6 months.
Myths of Dental Care;
1) The harder you brush, the cleaner your teeth gets:- Brushing too hard can damage your gums and harm your teeth.
2) Flossing is not necessary as brushing your teeth:- Flossing is as important as brushing because there are some parts in the mouth where the toothbrush can’t reach:-
3) If your gum bleeds while flossing, its time to quit flossing:- Often it happens when bacteria and plaque get stuck in between our teeth where toothbrush bristles don’t reach properly. Over time the bacteria builds up and causes the gums to become inflamed. Bleeding is part of that process.
4) Sugar is the main culprit for cavities:- More than sugar candies and lollipops, cracker and chips might be even worse for your skin.
5) Gum disease is only a problem for your mouth:- You’re more likely to have health issues such as diabetes and hypertension, as well as certain types of cancers that are related to chronic inflammation
6) If you don’t have any problem, you can skip your dental checkup:-Sometimes you might feel no pain, but there will 10s of dental problems in there. All dental problems do not cause pain.
If you start a good oral health practices at an early age and stick with them through adulthood, the chances are good that you will have a healthy mouth, pleasant breath, strong and healthy teeth and a bright smile.