One of the greatest feelings in the world is the deep-rooted belly laugh. It can bring people together and build amazing connections. Everything from a slight giggle to a side-splitting laugh can adjust the temperature of a room from chilly unfamiliarity to a warm family-like ambience.
It’s fun to yield a good laugh, but did you know it can enhance and improve your health?
Learn how to harness the powerful benefits of laughter and humor.
Who said caring for your health is a difficult task? Sometimes you are gaining health benefits while having fun, and you probably don’t even realize.
Mindset is everything, what you think you shall become. Being Happy helps in improving your mental as well as physical health. Laughter triggers healthy physical and emotional changes in the body.
As children, we all used to laugh a lot because we used to enjoy and cherish every little happiness. But as adult’s life tends to be more serious, there is no time to cherish things, and laughing becomes infrequent and that is something we should work upon.
Also, everybody who is laughing is not happy. This is the truth. Laughter and Happiness are two different things, but both have their health benefits.
Keeping all these aside, let’s talk about the health benefits of Laughter.
1) Laughter is good for the heart: Laughter boosts the function of Blood Vessels and increases blood flow which will protect you from cardiovascular diseases.
2) Laughter boosts the immune system: Laughter increases the immune cells and decreases stress hormones, thus improves resistance to disease.
3) Laughter burns calories: Laughing for 10-15 minutes burns 40-50 calories a day but you should still hit the gym and do regular exercise.
4) Laughter Relaxes the Body: A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress and relaxes your body for more than 45 minutes.
5) Lowers Blood Pressure: Laughter helps in lowering blood pressure, and it can prevent heart attack and stroke.
6) Laughter can reduce anxiety and other negative emotions
7) Your breathing pattern gets better after laughing: Deep belly laughter can lead to increased heart rate, respiratory rate, and oxygen consumption, which are similar to what happens during exercise.
8) Social Laughter Can Relieve Pain: Ever seen a doctor making kids laugh and then giving them an injection, and the kid wouldn’t even notice. It is a perfect example of social laughter.
“Don’t get angry and keep smiling.” Sounds basic right?
This was said by Chitetsu Watanabe from Niigata, Japan. He was the world’s oldest man, who passed away a few weeks ago at an astonishing age of 112 years. When asked about his secret, Smile was his answer.
Laughter, Happiness, Mindset can and will make wonders in your life. So as Mr.Chitetsu Watanabe says “ Do Not Get Angry and Keep A Smile On That Face”
Stay Happy, Stay Healthy!