KARELA (Bitter gourd) makes everyone go eww.. But wait you might just start liking this ugly vegetable after reading its Benefits:
1. Diabetes: It is highly beneficial in lowering sugar levels in blood and urine.
2. Blood Purification: The juice is used in the treatment of blood disorders like blood boils and itching due to blood poisoning.
3. Alcoholism: It is an antidote for alcohol intoxication, and helps treat bad hangovers!
4. Good for stomach: It contains cellulose which is a very good source of fiber thus preventing constipation.
5. Weight loss: It stimulates liver for secretion of bile juices that are very essential for metabolism of fats.
6. Eye care: The high amount of beta-carotene helps cure eye problems and improving eyesight.
7. Piles: Fresh juice of bitter gourd is good for patients suffering from piles.
8. Cholera: Fresh juice of bitter gourd is also a useful medication in early stages of cholera.
9. Immune booster: A glass of bitter gourd juice in the morning can help to strengthen your immune system and increase your body’s fighting power against infection.
10. Skin care: It is effective in treating skin infections, eczema and psoriasis. It also helps in keeping the skin free from blemishes and acne.