One day Chinese Emperor Shennong drank something from his cup thinking it was hot water, but it had dead leaves in it, he became quite refreshed after drinking it and this is how accidentally Green Tea or precisely speaking the idea of infused tea was originated.
Later Green Tea was found and is now widely used and is quite famous.
It is made out of Camellia sinensis leaves and buds that have not been withered and has gone through quite minimal processing.
Consuming 3-4 cups of Green Tea each day is said to be quite beneficial for our health.
Green tea is available in different forms as in
- Instant powder
- In the form of capsules or liquid extracts and most commonly in the form of teabags
Lately, the popularity of Green Tea has increased a lot as it has numerous health benefits filled with antioxidant properties;
- It makes the brain function in an active and a better way and makes you sharper and smarter
- It helps in lowering the risk of cancer to some extent
- Consumption of Green Tea helps in lowering the risk of type 2 Diabetes
- It can help you live longer
- It has the capability of improving your health
- It helps in burning a lot of body fat, avoids obesity and tones the body keeps you physically fit
- It lowers the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s during old age
- It improves dental health and reduces infections
- It reduces the risk of heart disease and keeps it healthy
- It keeps the skin healthy and helps you look younger
- It boosts metabolism
- It helps you stay active
- It reduces a lot of stress
People might find it difficult to drink it as it gives a bitter taste and usually just end up gulping it as some sort of punishment. But you can try its different flavor variants or can mix it with Honey for the ease of consumption.
Below are some famous Green Tea Variants you can try;
- Matcha green tea
- Moroccan mint green tea
- Dragonwell green tea
- Sencha green tea
- Bancha green tea
- Jasmine green tea
- Houjicha green tea
There is no denying that Green Tea is full of Health benefits but with facts comes Myths as well…
Here are few of the Myths of Green Tea
- Green Tea can lower Blood Sugar
- Green Tea is anti-ageing
- It protects from Cancer
- Green Tea reduces your belly fat in a short period.
Drink away towards a healthy lifestyle by adding Green Tea in your Daily Routine.
Stay Healthy, Stay Happy
ClickOnCare – Health And Wellness with Care For All