After water the most consumed beverage in the world is Tea. The aromatic beverage commonly prepared by pouring hot boiling water over leaves of the Tea Plant.
It is believed that Tea consumption has had its legendary origins in China more than 4000 years ago, and that green tea was first brewed in 2737 BC during the reign of Emperor Cheng Neung.
Tea is produced from the leaves and buds of Camellia Sinensis the different varieties of tea such as White tea, yellow tea, green tea, oolong, pu-erh tea are all harvested from Camellia Sinensis, but processed differently to attain different levels of oxidation.
It won’t be wrong to say that Green Tea originated in China and over the years it has come to associate itself with different cultures and tradition across Asia.
For centuries now, tea has been promoted for having a variety of health benefits. The content of flavonoids in a cup of green tea is higher than that in the same quantity of food or volume of drink items considered healthy. These are a group of phytochemicals present in most plant products that are responsible for the health benefits. However the content of flavonoids varies from tea to tea.
Benefits of Green Tea
Of all the different varieties of Tea’s, Green Tea tops the charts in terms of benefits. Green tea can be rightfully regarded as the storehouse of skin benefits.
- The antioxidants in green tea are very effective in fighting against free radicals which are responsible for premature aging. These free radicals are formed when the skin is exposed to UV rays of the sun.
- Green tea is very effective in safeguarding against tanning and sunburn when applied locally.
- Green tea acts as a soother in events of skin inflammation.
- Green tea plays a major role in the cell renewal process of our body.
- The overall complexion of the skin is improved when green tea is used as a drink or mask.
- Acne/pimples subside considerably when treated with green tea.
Of the many benefits from drinking green tea, one of the major benefits is that it helps in weight loss. Green tea has been credited to boosting metabolism which aids in weight lose and many other benefits.
So many benefits and we see no reason as to why you should not try it. Try going green with your tea this season.
You can also buy Herbal Green Tea Online in India, easily from Our healthcare store.