Dandruff is basically chipping off of small bits of the skin on the scalp and is not contagious. People who have dandruff will usually have an itchy scalp. It mostly occurs to people who have a dry scalp.
This fungus called malassezia is present on our scalp which triggers the dandruff. It is considered as the root cause of dandruff and around 50% of people’s bodies have a negative reaction to the presence of this fungus, causing dandruff.
In this situation the scalp is usually either dry, itchy and red. The more you brush or comb your hair roughly the dandruff is visible on the scalp and hair.
There are few catalyst or reasons which can trigger dandruff;
- Having dry skin.
- Being sensitive towards hair care products.
- Not washing hair with shampoo properly.
- Irregularly brushing the hair.
- Water pollution and air pollution.
- Using wrong hair products.
- Excessively using the hair straightners and driers in high heat.
- Heredity. Intake of unhealthy food.
- Tension and stress.
Effects of having dandruff are as follows :
- Rashes all over the face.
- Beard rashes.
- Redness and rashes on the upper body.
- As the flakes of the skin keeps falling on the shoulders one can’t wear any dark shade of clothing.
- Having dandruff might cause some sort of smell on the scalp.
- If a person is unable to get rid of it he might lose his self confidence and esteem and might become socially awkward.
One has to get rid off dandruff by hook or by crook. So few ways to get rid of it are :
Be hygienic and shampoo your hair regularly with care.
1.Fasderma Anti Dandruff Shampoo: Fasderma anti dandruff shampoo is enriched with Basil & Tea tree oil, which effectively clean the scalp without much harshness and offers superior wet and dry combing benefits.
Benefits Of Fasderma Anti Dandruff Shampoo :
- Prevents from hair fall
- Protects from acne on scalp
- It controls sebum production and helps in clearing dandruff
- It offers superior shine & silky feel to the hair
2. Scalpe Plus Expert Anti Dandruff Shampoo: Scalpe+ shampoo prevents dandruff and helps to reduce hair loss problem.
Benefits of Scalpe Shampoo
- Reduces dandruff
- Prevents itching, flaking & scaling on the scalp
- Prevents hair fall
- Gives a conditioning effect
Apart from the above products you should also keep few things in mind;
- Be gentle towards your hair and scalp while combing or wiping.
- Try using a little bit of apple cider vinegar on the scalp when it’s itchy.
- Try using driers and straighteners with less heat.
- Change your diet and eat healthy.
- Get a hot oil massage once in a while.
- Find out which hair oil shampoo and conditioner suits the best for you.
- Avoid scratching the scalp constantly.
Although dandruff can be a frustrating problem, there are plenty of things you can do that can reduce the symptoms and provide relief.
Next time you start spotting flakes, follow the above mentioned and use anti-dandruff shampoos to maximize treatment effectiveness.
Healthy Scalp, Beautiful You!