One day you wake up in the morning, your throat is dry, your nose is blocked, your eyes are teary, the worst feeling right? Then you start feeling tired, have a runny nose, and have a cough. Yes, it’s cold. Even though it might not be that bad, but it might be very irritating, leaving irritation behind if cold is not treated it can lead to severe other conditions too. So never take cold lightly, take immediate action
Here are some home remedies for cold
- Stay Hydrated: Staying hydrated is always important, your body starts reacting when it is dehydrating. Drink Water, Juice, or Lime water with honey, this helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration. Avoid alcohol, coffee, and caffeinated sodas, as it increases dehydration
- Rest: Rest is the first and best medicine for every bad condition, when your body is ill and tired you need to give it time and rest. Your body needs time to heal.
- Gargle with saltwater: Saltwater gargle can temporarily relieve a sore or scratchy throat.
- Sip warm liquids: The most common and effective remedy for cold is taking in warm liquids such as tea, warm water, soup, or warm juices which will ease congestion in the throat by increasing mucus flow
- Use an Inhaler: Inhaler helps you to get rid of the nose blocks
Myths and Misconceptions about Cold
- Use Antibiotics for Cold: Cold comes from a virus, antibiotics are used to treat bacterial infections.
- It’s okay to Smoke when you have a cold: Smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke can further irritate your nose, throat and lungs.
- A wet head can make you sick: Again, cold is caused by a virus, wet hair or wet Clothes can make your cold worse, but it cannot cause cold, cold is caused by a virus.
- Cold is gone with time: The biggest misconception about the cold is, it goes by itself with time. But cold only gets bad if its not taken care of.
Difference between Cold and Flu
Flu and common cold both are respiratory illness but what makes them different is they are caused by different causes. It is difficult to know if you have flu or cold because both of them have similar symptoms. In general, Flu is worse than the common cold, and symptoms of flu are more intense.
Here are a few quality products which can be used effectively to treat Cold
Phytorelief-CC is an oral supplement that comes in the form of chewable sugar-free lozenges which provides natural cure to the symptoms of cold and cough.
Phytorelief-cc provides natural relief from cough & cold by harnessing the power of the ‘Phyto-actives’ of turmeric, ginger, and pomegranate. being a natural solution, phytorelief-cc has no side-effects seen and is safe for long term use
Oilcure Almond Nasal Drop helps to open dry nose, blocked nose from breathing. This helps you get rid of frequent dry nose, sinus problems, insomnia, headaches due to cold, Loss of smelling sense, dizziness etc..
Benefits Of Oilcure Almond Nasal Drop:-
- Keep cold and cough a bay
- Good sleep at night
- Lesser Headaches and Migraine
- Helps in Loss of Smelling power
Do not ignore Cold, because it can turn into much serious condition real quick.
Stay Healthy, Be Happy!