Want to keep your brain sharp and nourished? As they say ‘Food for Thought’!
1. Blueberry—It has been shown to improve memory function especially age-related declines in balance and coordination.
2. Salmon—Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon helps your brain develop tissue for increasing your brain power. Also, it helps in fighting Alzheimer’s disease.
3. Flax seeds—These are rich in ALA that aids processing sensory information.
4. Coffee—Regular coffee drinking (in moderation) has been shown to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and other mental disorders.
5. Mixed nuts—Peanuts, walnuts, and other nuts contain properties that help in fighting insomnia to promoting mental clarity and strong memory.
6. Avocados—This healthy fat rich fruit promotes blood flow, keeping your mind functioning at its peak.
7. Eggs—Egg yolks are rich in choline, an essential nutrient to improving memory function.
8. Whole grains—Whole grains are excellent brain foods as they improve circulation and contain essential fibers, vitamins, and even some Omega-3.
9. Chocolate—. Dark chocolate is antioxidant-rich, and it also improves focus and concentration. Milk chocolate, on the other hand, improves memory and reaction time.
10. Broccoli—Broccoli has been shown to improve memory function as well as slow the aging process. This means a broccoli-rich diet will keep you young and sharp!